Can anyone critique some samples

CleveRocks

• Members

Great forum.

Just wondered if anyone had the time to listen and give me some feedback. I last posted samples close to a year ago (before this forum existed) and have been working hard to improve, after getting some good comments the last time. Please be as specific as possible if you hear any pitchy parts or other issues. (the elapsed time on the track would be great) What do I need to work on most?

These are obviously home-made, but any advice on effects, or recording tips would be great too. Yes the vocals are definitely too loud in the mix, but I thought that would help with evaluating them, and also the backing tracks are from vocal suppression software so the lead vocals still are in there a little (hence I didn't want the backing track too loud).

http://www.bandmix.com/reddy2rock/

THANKS in advance

• Members

I'm just trying to get any and all feedback in the spirit of trying to improve. I don't expect any sugar-coating so don't worry about hurting my pride -- I know I've got a ways to go.

That said, is there another reason why no one cares to comment? I'm sort of new at this so I don't know the protocol. Sorry if this was the wrong place to post this!

• Members

Seems fine to me. :thu: You're right about the mix, the vocals are too much upfront, but the singing is imo quite good.

Your biggest problem (one that I share) is keeping the tone stable. This is not a pitch problem, but rather what sounds like an occasional collapsing of resonant overtones. I'm not sure I'm describing this correctly, but to my ear it's as if the tone goes flat, but not the pitch. Better breathing, as in so many cases, is the best way to fix this kind of thing. I'm struggling through it myself.

But it's not a major problem--at least in your case. Good stuff!

Archived