dear kindness, guttermouth, etc.

mlwarriner

• Members

would this:

http://www.amazon.com/Weller-WLC100-Soldering-Hobbyist-Yourselfer/dp/B000AS28UC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1262892694&sr=8-1

be an acceptable soldering iron/station with which to build stuff? specifically, for now, i'm going to take a stab at a couple of BYOC's pedal kits. eventally, perhaps, i'll work myself up to the Weber AB200 MOABA kit...

thx.

• Members

fantastic. i know the 5 dollar radio shack POS i've got isn't enough, but at the same time i don't really want to drop a hundy or more on a top-line station if it's only going to get used once or twice.

i'll pick that one up, and probably start with BYOC's confidence booster and signal tester kits.

if that goes well, i'll start fiddling with "real" pedals and go from there...

• Members

Also, what pedals do you plan on building? Are you building from a kit or just buying parts individually?

i'm going to start with BYOC's kits, the confidence booster and signal testers first. after that, i dunno. we'll see...

probably won't do any full-customs any time soon.

eventually, i want to build weber's 200w all-tube bass head. but i know enough to know that's no {censored}ing place for me to start.

Archived