applying for jobs: when to give up?

Roger in the sky

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is why I like my job. Every couple years I put in a resume and I'm pretty much guaranteed to get one of top 5 jobs listed...I feel sorry for everyone who doesn't have job security. I couldn't live like that.

It's quite uncomfortable not having a net. Hard on the nerves. See above pic.

• Members

I can't even imagine. The military is all I've known for the better part of 13 years.

I did it for six and I miss that aspect. I've been out for longer than I was in. I just had to walk away from ten years of a union gig due to lack of work. I'm with a non-union company and it's like working for a headless horseman. This company reminds me of the scene in Apocalypse Now where Capt. Willard reaches the furthest base upriver. it's night, and the bridge is lit. Soldiers are seen trying to get to his boat, wading into the river with bags. He leaves the boat only to ultimately discover there is no one in control. It's a surreal experience, and unnerving.

That's what this company is like.

apcolypse3.JPG

AeDq_tCCj3o&feature

• Members
This is why I like my job. Every couple years I put in a resume and I'm pretty much guaranteed to get one of top 5 jobs listed...I feel sorry for everyone who doesn't have job security. I couldn't live like that.

Not all of us work for the gubmint :lol:

Archived