Corvette, Thumb, Streamer....Differences?

ledyard

• Members

Besides the shape. Alot of them I am seeing are ovenkol necks, bubinga body and wenge board. Some have an ovenkol body. Speaking of bolt on versions ofcourse. They all have MEC pups.

I dont want a "rock bass" series. Something like a Corvette STD, Streamer STD or Stage. Or Thumb bolt. The thumb is the one I REALLY want. :love::love:

I'm like WTF, I'm seeing Corvette's for $600, $700, up to $1,200 used. Same dramatic price difference with all three models.

Whats the major difference?

• Members

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showpost.php?p=33850799&postcount=49

I made this post in a similar thread about a year ago:

Off the top of my head, here are the various models, ascending in approximate price, including discontinued basses that can regularly be found. All have bell brass frets, 2 piece bridge and graphite or brass nut. All have wenge necks with wenge fretboards '98 and earlier; ovangkol necks with wenge fretboards post '99-present, unless otherwise noted. All streamers and thumbs have contoured bodies, unless otherwise noted.

Streamer Standard - Ash body, cut slab-style like a fender, with soapbar pickups and single-piece bridge.

Corvette Standard - Ash or Bubinga body, with 2 passive or active jazz pickups.

Corvette $$ (Double Buck) - Ash body with 2 passive humbuckers and active electronics.

Corvette Proline - Ash back, flamed maple top with walnut veneer, with active jazz pickups.

Corvette FNA - same as proline, but with single passive humbucker in the bridge position and active electronics (MY BASS!).

Corvette FNA Jazzman - same as proline but with passive humbucker in the bridge and slanted passive Jazz pickup in the neck position.

Streamer $$ - Ash body with 2 passive humbuckers and active electronics with maple neck.

Streamer LX - Maple or Ash body with 2 soapbar pickups.

Streamer Jazzman - Ash body with bridge humbucker and slanted jazz in the neck.

Corvette $$ NT (Neck Thru) - Ash or bubinga bodies with maple necks and dual passive humbuckers with active electronics.

Thumb BO (Bolt On) - bubinga body with 2 active jazz pickups.

Thumb NT - same as bolt-on, but with neck-thru construction.

Infinity - Zebrano body with soapbar bridge and jazz neck pickups.

Infinity NT - same as Infinity with neck-thru construction.

Above this are the Buzzard, Stryker, Katana, Star Bass, Dolphin and every LTD model (various Streamers, Thumbs and Corvettes).

This does not include the Fortress line, since they have been out of production (except as RockBasses) since 2003. There are a few to be had out there - the Fortress One, Masterman and Flashback - but they are not as widely available as the rest.

If you have any specific questions about the listed basses or fortresses, just ask. I've played at least one of every model below the $3500 price point.

Archived