NBPD: Keeley Content

Thunderbroom

• Members

New Borrowed Pedal Day

I'm looking for a real compressor to even out my tone. While I realize I could practice more, I just don't have the time. I own an Aphex Punch Factory but it's really hard to tell the difference when it's on or off.

I've been talking with Guttermouth about modifying a Boss CS-3 that I got stupid cheap. It sucks the bottom end out, so as is, is pretty useless for bass IMHO.

At rehearsal today, I was mentioning this to one of my guitarists. I'd heard good thing about the Keeley from Subsound (with a 5 for the second S), but am hesitant to drop $230. My guitarist had one on his pedal board and sent it home with me to try out.

keeleycompressor01a.jpg

He's looking to get some sort of analog pedal that he saw some Nashville cat playing last month when we were in Nashville. It is definitely a huge step above the Aphex Punch Factory that I have. I can actually hear what it's doing to my sound. I still intend to have Guttermouth mod the Boss CS-3 since it will be pretty inexpensive to do so, but if my guitarist offers me a deal I can't refuse...

It a good thing there's an adjustable input on the inside of this thing as the G&L sounded like ass until I adjusted it.

Archived