Gig Spam: You Don't Have To Leave Home Version (now with video)

Thunderbroom

• Members

but you may need to stay up late depending on your location:

Thursday, February 18

11:15pm CST

Steve & Johnnie on WGN Radio in Chicago

Rising country star and Chicago's very own Katie Quick is moving to Nashville to further her career. Steve and Johnnie host a "farewell" in studio concert featuring Katie and her band Yard Fulla Cars.

Link to the show site with a listen-live link

We don't know if we'll play 1 song or 5 as we don't have any real details at this point. Steve and Johnnie have been fans of Katie since Adam (our soundguy, friend, and WGN engineer gave them a copy of her tunes). She's been on their show numerous times over the last year or so. This will be the first time we've (YFC/KQ Band) have been in. Since there's very little room in the studio and there's 7 of us, we'll be playing really stripped down. The drummer will have his snare and maybe a high hat. I'll either be using my Line6 Studio 110 or just going direct. The guitarists will likely being playing acoustic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It was a freakin' amazing experience...probably the highlight of my short career. The hosts were so gracious. They asked us to stay longer than originally planned. We were on from 11:15p until 2:00a and then hung around in the studio and had cake and fake champagne. We ended up playing 5, 6 or 7 tunes. I don't even remember.

Just got home and have to be at work in less than three hours. It was so worth it.

:)

Archived