Is this what I want?

sub5ound

• Members

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lexicon-Alpha-USB-Audio-Interface?sku=245507

My current band situation has me thinking about what my next musical evolution will be, and I think it's this. I can't spend alot of cash and I also plan on purchasing a guitar down the road, so I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on this little piece of equipment.

I plan on recording basslines and then overdubbing with other instruments played by others or myself...maybe even some of you! What are some of the benefits/limits of these devices other than the obvious?

• Members

I'm sure that'd be fine but I'd probably go with something that has two inputs, you never know when you're going to need the extra one.

I have to agree with this statement. When you get a drum machine, you'll want two inputs. :) All part of the natural evolution of a project studio.

EDIT: just looked at a different view. Stereo in/out. Guitar input, and mic input. This is a good basic recording box. Lexicon makes good stuff.

• Members
I have to agree with this statement. When you get a drum machine, you'll want two inputs.
:)
All part of the natural evolution of a project studio.

EDIT: just looked at a different view. Stereo in/out. Guitar input, and mic input. This is a good basic recording box. Lexicon makes good stuff.

Crap, that was part of the plan...as soon as I found a power supply for my Roland. Any other units with the softwear and TWO inputs for a similar price? I thought it had an XLR in also :confused:

• Members
I have to agree with this statement. When you get a drum machine, you'll want two inputs.
:)
All part of the natural evolution of a project studio.

Just saw your edit. So this unit would be ok with a drum machine?

• Members

For about another 20 bucks you could get the M-Audio/Digidesign Pro Tools Recording Studio. I don't know anything about the interface, but the Pro Tools software is supposed to be designed so that a more advanced system can open up the LE and M-Powered projects. Meaning, you can record everything at home and then take it somewhere for mixing and mastering (or overdubbing, or to your friends house who has a LE setup for additional recording, etc.) In theory at least. I'm not sure how well it works in practice.

Check it out here:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/ProToolsRecordingStudio.html

Archived