New Random Stuff Day

Thunderbroom

• Members

nsd_bosscs3_01a.jpg

This is not any old Boss CS-3; this is the GME-modified edition.

I sent GM a CS-3 that I got for stupid cheap and asked him to modify it. IMO, it doesn't work well on bass. It loses low end and is noisy. Well, that used to be the case. I'm not sure what GM did, but it worked. The borrowed Keeley is going back to its owner.

nsd_tubelight_02a.jpg

I was joking when I asked GM to send me a tube light along with the CS-3. To my surprise (well not really...I've come to figure out that GM is awesome) I got the prototype shipped with the CS-3. I'll be bringing it to our next GTG for folks to check out.

nsd_stereo_02a.jpg

I replaced the factory stereo and speakers in my Element today. While Crutchfield did supply everything I needed, there directions were not 100%: the installation of the head was incomplete and the speakers were just wrong other than connecting the wiring harness. Still, I had everything I needed hardwarewise for the install.

In the pics I'm playing my iPhone tunes via Bluetooth. With the USB port on the front, I can plug the phone in there, control it from the head or the iPhone, and charge it at the same time. When my kids are with me, they can plug their mp3 players in the aux it.

• Members

Very awesome! I love the tube light. That has many possibilities that all equal COOL.

Nice rewire on the car, I hate car stereo work, I used to have a system in my van, lots of amps and wires and stuff. I'll take a well designed PA anytime...

Awesome work!

• Members

Love the lamp.

I'm surprised to hear that Cruthfield didn't get it right. I will remember that before I recommend them again.

I'd still recommend them. I thought the directions would be foolproof. The mastersheet was incomplete. It wasn't really difficult to figure out what was missing though in the directions.

Archived