Synth type thing mounted on the neck

Super_Donut_Man

• Members

I remember in guitar magazines back in the 90's, there were ads for basically a synth that mounted to your bass, and had a bunch of little pads mounted on the back of the neck. Anybody know what I am talking about? Anybody have one? (just popped into my head, seemed like a neat idea)

• Members

I remember this. I think it had two parallel strips of pads that you would press with your thumb. If I recall correctly, I think it was marketed to guitarists so that you could get bass notes. Each 'strip' of pads was supposed to represent a string (E and A I think) and each pad was a specific 'fret' along the 'string'.

I have no idea what this product was called or who made it...

• Members

I remember this. I think it had two parallel strips of pads that you would press with your thumb. If I recall correctly, I think it was marketed to guitarists so that you could get bass notes. Each 'strip' of pads was supposed to represent a string (E and A I think) and each pad was a specific 'fret' along the 'string'.

I have no idea what this product was called or who made it...

Thats the reaction I've gotten from all I have asked. :lol:

I remember that the guy in the ad looked a lot like Jason Newsted. I imagine if it was to go to through a midi jack one could do some cool things with it.

Archived