WOT: Is it not common practice...

Super_Donut_Man

• Members

Common? Ought to be, but not as common as you would think. After we are told (t.v.) about the germs living on the faucet handles and paper towel dispenser handles and door knobs you must pull to get out, what's the point? Wash your hands, recontaminate them turning the water off, recontaminate them getting a paper towel, and recontaminate them opening the door... some people would rather take their chances with their own, personal germs that with unknown germs they might pick up.

Before you say that electric hand dryers are more sanitary than paper towels, do more research... it's worse. :p

• Members

To wash your hands after using the restroom?

I am not a germaphobe by any stretch, hell, I am kinda disgusting, but there is a line.

:confused:

Yes. It's also common practice to lift the seat when you pee in a sit down toilet and I can't tell you how many people at work don't do that. Drives me crazy.

• Members

Working around food for as long as I have, It's second nature to me. Touch my eye, ear, hair, or dick and you'll see the same result. I wash my hands.

I was in a public restroom a few weeks back and a guy came out of the stall, saw 3 of us at 4 sinks washing our hands and laughed at us and left. I hope he gets Ecoli or Hep.

• Members

Take leak. (Like last 200 guys before you)

Grab faucet handle. (Like last 200 guys before you...after handling their stuff)

Wash hands.

Grab same faucet handle again! (Like last 200 guys..after handling stuff etc.)

NO THANK YOU! (Not at public restrooms)

I know where my stuff has been.

If I MUST wash, ( Hey, S*#! happens) I look somewhat like a surgeon...using my elbows to turn off faucet, open door etc.

• Members

Take leak.

Grab faucet handle.

Wash Hands.

Grab Paper towel.

turn off faucet.

Open door if necessary.

Discard towel.

Add this step to avoid touching the paper towel dispenser after washing:

Take leak

Dispense paper towel, and let hang to be ready (or put in pocket if that doesn't work)

Then proceed as above:

Grab faucet handle.

Wash Hands.

Grab Paper towel.

turn off faucet.

Open door if necessary.

Discard towel.

• Members

Take leak.

Grab faucet handle.

Wash Hands.

Grab Paper towel.

turn off faucet.

Open door if necessary.

Discard towel.

This! except the office faucets are motion sensored so there is no touching faucets. I do however dry my hands on a wad of paper towel that I then use to open the 2 doors to get back out of the room... and hold the last one with my foot while I chuck the towel in the garbage can that lives right between the doors.

It's been almost 4 years in this office and I'm floored on how many guys don't wash there hands after #1 OR #2!!!!

I've had known 'non washers' try to use my laptop during outages and quick configs and I've flat out refused explaining exactly why :poke:

• Members

I like to lather up BEFORE I pee, and then rinse off with said pee.

That way I can lather up my nether regions as well, AND, it conserves more water that way.

:poke:

I am confused by one thing. They have motion sensors on the soap dispensers, the toilets, the urinals, the paper towel dispensers, and the hand dryers, but why not the inside of the bathroom doors?

:idk:

Archived