OT: Anybody know anything about clothes dryers?

mlwarriner

• Members

I've got a Bosch condensation (ventless) dryer. The lint warning beeper thingie won't quit going off. I've cleaned and scrubbed and dried everything i can get to, and some things I probably shouldn't have gotten to.

It still won't quit beeping.

I've done the other fixes I can find online, to no avail.

Anybody got any other secrets?

• Members

FWIW, my state-of-the-art washing machine went beserk one time, and I had to call the repairman. He looked at it, unplugged the AC for 2 minutes, and then plugged it back in. Worked like a charm afterward. He said it just needed to be rebooted. True story.

• Members

FWIW, my state-of-the-art washing machine went beserk one time, and I had to call the repairman. He looked at it, unplugged the AC for 2 minutes, and then plugged it back in. Worked like a charm afterward. He said it just needed to be rebooted. True story.

Wow....

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to think about a washing machine that you have to boot up. :facepalm:

That being said, I've never had any problems whatsoever with the washer and dryer that came with my house. Or the ones that my friends gave to us for free... :D

Sure, they may not be "energy star" efficient, or run on a teaspoon of water, and sure, they might vibrate half of my house on their spin cycles..... but hey.... they get the job done. :mad:

And I'll bet they get clothes just and clean, and just as dry. (actually, considering the problems people seem to be having with many of these "spaceships", I guess you could say they get them cleaner and dryer.....) :D

• Members

Wow....

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to think about a washing machine that you have to boot up.
:facepalm:

That being said, I've never had any problems whatsoever with the washer and dryer that came with my house. Or the ones that my friends gave to us for free...
:D

Sure, they may not be "energy star" efficient, or run on a teaspoon of water, and sure, they might vibrate half of my house on their spin cycles..... but hey.... they get the job done.
:mad:

And I'll bet they get clothes just and clean, and just as dry. (actually, considering the problems people seem to be having with many of these "spaceships", I guess you could say they get them cleaner and dryer.....)
:D

The new HD front washers are an improvement over the traditional washers. Less water, more options, quieter, and have simpler drive systems which should make them more reliable.

Dryers haven't really changed. Most people would be better off with a traditional dryer.

Archived