Need Some New Shoes

Thunderbroom

• Members

My wife got me a pair of Docs like these a few years ago:

578846-p-DETAILED.jpg

8053's

I rate them pretty high on the comfort/style scale; however, I'm disappointed with the collar (the hole where your foot goes in). It started tearing early on. I just kept trimming the pieces off over time.

I want a shoe of the same style/look. While I like my Docs, I'm just not sure they're worth the price (~$100 pair). For $35 less, I'm liking these:

3706-d.jpg

Skecher's Tom Cats

I tend to wear the same shoes to work, at home and when gigging so they get lots of mileage. Is this all really just a wash since they're all likely made in the same factory in China?

• Members

I dunno if they'd be your style, but I just picked up a pair of Timberland Pro Bridges.

9755-835536-3.jpg

Easily the comfiest 'serious' shoes I've ever worn.

I've bought a few pairs of Sketchers, and I don't have any of them anymore. I still have 2-3 pairs of Docs that are 4-5 years old.

• Members

Here's the thing with shoes. If you are getting years of wear out of them, be thankful. If you wear a pair of shoes everyday, they should last a matter of months 3 or 4 and beyond that it would not be outside the scope of normal wear and tear for them to fall apart. materials break down. After that period of time, whatever wear you put on the soles can make the shoes very bad for your feet (if you wear down the outside of the soles, it will only lead to a worse suppination issue... )..

I've got years out of shoes, but most of the time its because I have more than one pair that I wear and alternate/switch between. I have more shoes than any one dude needs to have, though.

Tbroom, if you find anything you like on zappos.com let me know. That's my day job, I can get you a discount!

Archived