Cab question

venturawest

• Members

first of all, i have no idea WHAT the f--- is up with this site, version 1.0, 2.0, whatever. this version runs my old password, the new version my new one, but the new version no longer seems to have a bass forum, although it did a week ago. whatev.

i need a small, portable cab for some of the smaller clubs i've been booking lately. my current cab is a bergantino HT-322 (best. cab. ever. in case you wanted to know), but it doesn't fit in my car. i need a cab with the following specs:

small enough to fit into a small sedan,

speakon connection,

can handle the power of a GBE 750,

and still sound decent as my on-stage monitor, since i'm direct out from the GB to the mains.

ideally, i would think a 2x10 or 1x12 will fit in my car. i hope.

thoughts?

• Members

My first thought was the GenzBenz 2x12 Neo cab, but it is barely smaller than the one you already have (though much lighter). The BagEnd S15-D is also about the same size as your current cab.

I just purchased a used Bergantino 1x12, and I love it, but I don't think the volume would be there. I use it as a stage monitor only, or in church or with a bluegrass group.

I would say the Genz-Benz NeoX112T. Thunderbroom has one that I tried to purchase, but he changed his mind and kept it. That would be the first cab I would consider.

• Members

Yo V-west!! What's up man. :) I need to send you a PM so we can get together sometime. Both my sister and my to-be bro-in-law will be down here near me this fall and he'll be at UT Houston. Wasn't sure where you're located (I'm now in the Galleria) but anyway it'll be a reason to get together and you smart types can talk and I'll buy the drinks!! :thu:

As far as cabs, I think you should get a Berg 112HT/EX mini stack. I lub lub lub my Berg cab and know that 322 kills, so you probably would be happy with that. Easy to move and should be loud enough onstage.

• Members

As far as cabs, I think you should get a Berg 112HT/EX mini stack.... Easy to move and should be loud enough onstage.

I would certainly agree to that. I *heart* my little EX112ER (no tweeter), but not enough volume as a stand-alone cab. TWO, however, would be very portable and plenty loud and deep enough. A little costly, though. :thu:

• Members

I would certainly agree to that. I *heart* my little EX112ER (no tweeter), but not enough volume as a stand-alone cab. TWO, however, would be very portable and plenty loud and deep enough. A little costly, though.
:thu:

True, but we know V-west can swing it, hehehehe... ;)

I really am gassing for another Aggy GS112x2 mini stack again. I've thought about the DB's also. Just to keep it real w/ my other big sealed cab. :thu:

I played/borrowed an IP112 once and man that is a sweet little bugger. I kinda wish the other models weren't so freaking $$, because they are an amazing design.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

as a followup. i ended up getting a bergantino HS210, 2x10 cabinet. fits beautifully in my car. cost me about $500; pricey for a 2x10, but i love my HT-322 so desperately that i thought it would be a similar feel.

used it on stage friday night. handles 400w, so it is well rated for the GB750. sounded fantastic on stage as my monitor; fits compactly into my car, and only weighs around 50 pounds.

all in all, an excellent choice for my needs, methinks, although i probably could have gotten away with something far less expensive. :facepalm:

Archived