Looking for a Trace Elliot Quatra Valve

4strings4me

• Members

I am east of Toronto, Canada, although a road trip to San Fran might be interesting lol. I purchased mine in 1990 and sold it when we started our family because at that time there was a real concern about the availablity of replacment tubes and I didn't want to be "stuck" with an amp with no future...MISTAKE...tubes are everywhere, who knew. I never had the chance to really explore the Quatra Valve and now that I am older and doing this more for fun than profit I would like to pick up where I left off. Any ides on the cost, I saw the the one on E-Bay and that price doesn't make any sense. I would welcome any advice or comments, thanks for helping, it is good to be getting back to my roots. Dave

• Members

back in 2002 or so, there was one in a local shop in San Francisco.

It was there forever, and one day they had as sign on it, $25.00 As Is.

I figured it had to be worth at least 25 bucks to see if i coiuld fix it.

i lugged it home, it was super heavy, and plugged it in adn it was fully operational.

a super duper score!

• Members

back in 2002 or so, there was one in a local shop in San Francisco.

It was there forever, and one day they had as sign on it, $25.00 As Is.

I figured it had to be worth at least 25 bucks to see if i coiuld fix it.

i lugged it home, it was super heavy, and plugged it in adn it was fully operational.

a super duper score!

Man, I thought stuff like this only happened in the movies. Congrats on the score, maybe there is hope yet, lol. Are you still using it? San Fran is a long way from here but when there is a will....let me know if you would consider selling and if so any idea on price? If not that s' cool, I can respect that. What speaker cab(s) are you running it through? I was using a Hartke 4x12 and a Hartke single 15 with mine. I'm not sure if that was the best choice but at the time they were the new thing. Thanks for the reply. Dave

Archived