Anybody play an Ibanez SRA505?

AlvarHanso

• Members

New to the site and just tried searching to see if there were any threads about this bass, and couldn't find any, so I was curious what opinions were out there on this bass? Anybody have one? Do you like it? A couple of reviews I saw elsewhere stated it was on the quiet side a little bit...

• Members

Well...i was interested in one of these quite a bit ago and i tried it out extensively at the store and i didn't like it...the body is very light and thin, since its a 5 stringer the neck is quite thick and the bass ends up being neckheavy and i don't like that. The pickups are another story, active Bartolinis with I think a Bartolini preamp..if not, its an Ibanez preamp but either way those were very nice and its easy to dial in many different tones. The built quality is excellent as always with Ibanez. In the end it means you have to try it out for yourself. To me it was uncomfortable because I like a bass with as thin a neck as possible, a large thick body made out of a heavy wood that just balances nicely. So try to find one in a store near you and try it out.

• Members

Thanks random. Well, I ended up getting it, because I liked the thinness of the neck, and superior playability to my Washburn MB5. It doesn't have Bartolini pickups, it has active EMGs. Loved playing this bass, now gotta sit down and dial in all the right tones!

Archived