The New Ibanez SR506

JLo

• Members

hey

So I am GASSING for a SR506, and will actually be getting one in the next couple of weeks (awaiting tax returns).

I have played on the previous version enough, but I see the new one has a mid range boost slap switch down near the volume control. I have an odd feeling it might "get in the way" a little if I were to play too aggressively. Any experience with this switch? Am I making mountains out of molehills?

My other thought is to mod it with some sort of low profile switch in its place... I dunno

I cannot wait to get this thing. I will try to post pics when I get !

• Members

I currently own a Cort Action 4 string (which I love), and I owned a Cort Jazz bass for a long time too. I used to play on a Warwick thumb 5 (which I hated), and currently play on a NICE Fender Jazz.

I played on the Ibanez a TON at GC, and decided it was for me, especially at this price point. I don't have a NEED to have a $2K bass, and this thing is AMAZING. I do have need for a 6 string.

Anyway, When I've played on the Ibanez, I have nly played on the one without the mid range switch. I don't know how inconvenient of a location it's in though. And since I am ONLY consideing buying this bass NEW (probably from Sweetwater actually) I want know if the switch is gonna be in the way, so to say...

Like I said, I'm probably making abig deal out of something that isn't.

Archived