Hey Flux Capacitor!

Thunderbroom

• Members

I use a Phonic Helix Firewire 10. It's pretty basic, and kinda old by now. I have a variety of mics. None of them are High. I have some 58's, 57's, a 52, an AKG perception, a beta green and some other various crap mics. I mic everything I can. I have been running bass direct mostly, but have recently gone to mic'ing cabs. The guitars are always ran through real amps, turned up loud as hell, and mic'd. The drums are recorded live. I have recently been experimenting with drum replacement software, I haven't quite figured out where I want to be with it. It's a work in progress.

Here's my latest recording experiment. The drums were recorded live, but I later "replaced the snare, bass and toms". It desn't sound quite right to me, but that's the nature of a work in progress, yeah?

• Members

Now that I'm bandless, I plan to start doing my own thing. I don't have the talent that you do so I'm going to have to get creative.

Put time into learning your equipment, so when you get to creating, the recording process isn't slowing you down and discouraging you.

Archived