Damn you Adolph Rickenbacker/John Hall!

der oxenrig

• Members

Fuck it, I'll just use these instead. The Dunlops went on the P-bass instead.
:p

I've got two sets of these for some...umm...ah...guitars laying around. One set works really well and the other has some quality control issues (loosens it's self up). Make sure you try them before you buy them, if you can.

Yo.

• 5 years later...
  • Members

Thanks, Zig! You just saved my some $$ and headaches. I already have Schaller strap locks on my other guitars. The existing Ric strap buttons on my 330/12 fit the Schaller locks on my straps perfectly. No need to install anything! So, if you don't already have strap locks, buy a set of Schallers, install the locks on your straps only, and you're done. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I replaced the strap buttons on my two Ricks with Dunlops. My Ricks are both from 1973, and they used a knurled bolt instead of regular strap buttons. I had to dowel up the holes and drill new ones. It's not hard to do.

By the way, Adolph Rickenbacker didn't really have much to do with the company, which was formed by George Beauchamp But his last name was too hard to pronounce. Adolph had a metal stamping shop and made the metal bodies for National guitars, which Beauchamp co-founded. Beauchamp invented and patented one of the very first magnetic pickups, which was the horseshoe pickup. He also invented the single-cone and, tri-cone resophonic (Dobro) guitars, and later the "Frying Pan" lap steel.

The 4000 series basses were designed by Roger Rossmeisl. He also designed the Fender Coranados.

Beauchamp died in 1941. Adolph sold the company to F.C. Hall, which was John's father.

Archived