Bass amp recommendations needed.

Gorquin

• Members

Here's the deal.

I need a bass amp, preferably a combo, for a practice room (2 guitars, drums, keys, vocals) and recording.

I have a sub for the PA so I'm thinking I don't need a lot of power or a huge bass rig.

I do however want to be able to record, mic'd and line out? or Di? and want a low noise level and decent sound quality. 

I'm thinking used is the way to go as I only want to spend about $200. Can I get something of quality in say a 50W amp and run it through the PA to do this?

Thanks

• Members

Gorquin wrote:

Here's the deal.

I need a bass amp, preferably a combo, for a practice room (2 guitars, drums, keys, vocals) and recording.

I have a sub for the PA so I'm thinking I don't need a lot of power or a huge bass rig.

I do however want to be able to record, mic'd and line out? or Di? and want a low noise level and decent sound quality. 

I'm thinking used is the way to go as I only want to spend about $200. Can I get something of quality in say a 50W amp and run it through the PA to do this?

Thanks

If you have a PA with a sub, want to get a good recorded tone, and have $200, you should consider getting an active DI with an amp simulator instead of a 50W amp. Something like a Sansamp might be a better use of your money.

Otherwise, look for something like a used Ampeg BA-115. 

Archived