Beat club manager at his own game

iop

• Members

Club owner doubled booked. He claimed he booked us for another engagement the date not yet discussed, according to him.

I don't usually keep my voice messages but when this club owner called me I decided to keep his message. I ran home and copied his confirmation message to cd which stated "the date 3/16/05 from 9 til 12 is good and I look forward to your band bringing out your established following to my club... see you then"

I waited till the other band finished. I then had a meeting with the other groups leader and the club owner. After playing the conformation call the club owner apologized and paid both of us.

The club owner had a reputation for pulling stunts like this. It pays to document and have contracts signed.

• Members

Originally posted by iop

Club owner doubled booked. He claimed he booked us for another engagement the date not yet discussed, according to him.

I don't usually keep my voice messages but when this club owner called me I decided to keep his message. I ran home and copied his confirmation message to cd which stated "the date 3/16/05 from 9 til 12 is good and I look forward to your band bringing out your established following to my club... see you then"

I waited till the other band finished. I then had a meeting with the other groups leader and the club owner. After playing the conformation call the club owner apologized and paid both of us.

The club owner had a reputation for pulling stunts like this. It pays to document and have contracts signed.

Dang!

• Members

HA! That's great.

One of the great things about this forum is that we're learning all sorts of novel ways that club owners try to screw musicians. I thought I'd seen them all but some of the stories that have already come up on this forum prove otherwise! They're getting ever more creative at it, I guess. :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Lee Flier

HA! That's great.

One of the great things about this forum is that we're learning all sorts of novel ways that club owners try to screw musicians. I thought I'd seen them all but some of the stories that have already come up on this forum prove otherwise! They're getting ever more creative at it, I guess.
:rolleyes:

wait til you go on tour~!

Archived