wanted: country musician for house band (keyboard or pedal steel).

• Members

Country and classic rock, 4 nights a week (Thursday thru Sunday) in Jackson, Mississippi. Good band, GREAT guys (and gal) and a fun, laid-back club. Long hours but good times. PM me for further details.

Steady work for a seasoned player with a good ear. They need someone starting this week Thu. 8/25, would consider a good country guitar player to fill in. Thanks for reading!

• Members

update: this week is covered so gig would start Thurs. Sept. 8.

BTW there is nothing in this for me, other than helping my buds out. I play with the band but have some other dates this week and the next and they need someone who will not sub out so much. It's a good gig if you are tired of being on the road and just want to stay in one spot for awhile. It's a bad gig if you can't handle being around women:D .

• Members

The band is Silverado, house band at the deservedly infamous Pop's Around The Corner. The owner (who coincidentally is named "Pop") named the band but I think it should be named "Abe's Axe" because it has had 3 new handles and 2 new heads. :D .

I do not know anything about the Steel Magnolias but if the members have been in this area very long I may know them individually. However, I used to be in a band called "Magnolia Steele"- road band for a central MS country singer by the name of Rick Tanksley.

• Members

Originally posted by pink floyd cramer

relocate!!!
:D

I can't. I am gigging pretty regularly around Charleston, South Carolina. And my wife is about to get tenure as a chemistry professor at the College Of Charleston.

Had this gig come up five years ago when I was a single dude with no particular place that I wanted to live as long as I was gigging I would definitely relocate.

By the way, your screen name rules.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived