Who uses CD Baby, Orchard, IODA?

Rocktopus

• Members

Hey,

My band just released our first independent album back in June. Here in Canada we have something called indiepool.ca which helped us with distribution across Canada. They also hooked us up for digital downloads on most of the digital networks around the world.

In the states we use CD Baby......all of it seems to work quite well. But we understand that most of our cd's will only be sold via our shows and playing lots of gigs. But it's nice to give the audience the ease of purchasing our album through any of these mediums.

Hell, we even sell it on our own website!

• Members

guru,

thanks. I wonder if I should sign up with indie pool as well even though I'm in the states. also, when you say that you sell from your own website, how do you do that? do you have the ability to accept credit card payments, or paypal, or do you just ask for checks?

• Members

Originally posted by que nasty

guru,

thanks. I wonder if I should sign up with indie pool as well even though I'm in the states. also, when you say that you sell from your own website, how do you do that? do you have the ability to accept credit card payments, or paypal, or do you just ask for checks?

Indiepool is pretty good. Check out their site for all that they can do for you.

We have a paypal account setup that we use for our purchases off our site. We almost prefer that people not use our site to buy things since we have to take the time to ship out the goods etc......with indiepool and cdbaby, they take care of all of that.

Archived