forming a band

Chrex

• Members

Well, speaking as a native American (note the small "n") and lifelong musician who has gained absolutely no recognition, let me offer some observations:

Be really good at what you do. Our suburbs are positively polluted with garage bands. Everyone under the age of 30 thinks they're a star.

Do some research and try to identify a large city with a thriving music scene. Some cities are better or worse for struggling bands. Some cities favor slightly different musical styles.

As for finding band members, that's a mixture of alchemy, voodoo, skill and blind luck. There's no one tried and true method. Just get yourself out in the scene and start playing anywhere you can.

• Members

If you are coming to the USA from Egypt you need to find out about work permits and visas.

Go to the nearest US consulate or embassy and inquire about what you must do to work legally in the USA. At the very least you will need some sort of visa and if you plan to stay here long term you will need a "green card" and eventually US citizenship.

If you can get over the immigration hurdles, the musical part should be easy enough :D

• Members

im into progressive metal and rock, like dream theater and pain of salvation (if u heard of them). and i already play some of their stuff. i've been playing for 4 years and i've been taking guitar and music theory lessons since then.

i am really taking it serious and i am not gonna come out there without making sure that i'm really good.

and dont worry i wont go to the US without legal access.

Archived