I feel like I'm back in the driver's seat!

Humbucker

• Members

For quite awhile I've been in a major slump because my band fizzled out and my ex-bandmates pretty much left me high and dry and strung me along, thus wasting my time. I've tried to not have bad feelings about it but it's been simmering below the surface for a long time and I was driving myself nuts because of it. I know it sounds dumb but it's been like a mini-depression for me.

Well, last week I finally got myself motivated enough to post a "guitarplayer looking for a band" ad at the music store and fully expected to get zero calls but what's really funny is that by simply posting that ad I instantly felt like I'm in charge again and I don't need to rely on those other guys to get myself playing music again. I feel like I'm back in the driver's seat and with that, I feel optimistic and the bad feelings that I had toward the ex-bandmates has totally vanished. Life is taking an upswing.

Oh BTW, I've already gotten a couple of calls which both surprised me and also gives me a bit of a much-needed confidence boost. One call is a possibility and the other one doesn't suit me but it's still nice to actually see that there are other opportunities beyond what I was doing with my former band. It's easy to get into a situation where you become so isolated that the only thing that you know is what's right in front of your nose.

I'm looking ahead and feeling up for a change and I just wanted to share that, maybe some of you people are going through something similar to this right now or have already had this experience. If you're feeling down go put up some ads or call some musician friends and try to get back in the game.

Thanks for listening.

8^)

Archived