Getting Shows?

jrm27

• Members

Hey guys:

The band I'm in has been having some moderate local success. However, we find that it is sometimes quite difficult to get shows outside our main area. I'm sure this is a common problem, so I thought I'd just ask for some general advice.

I think one of the things that makes it so hard is that we live in Vail, Co.. which means, any good establishment is going to be at least two hours away. It doesn't seem like a lot of places want to bring in a band form that far away when they have so many other local bands tryign to get in. And if they do want to book, there's probably no chance of gettign enough out of the gig to pay gas money for getting there and gettign back home.

anyone have any advice on how to approach this problem? Thanks!

-jrm27

• Members

That's always hard.

If there's a local musican web site or bulletin board, see if you can set up a gig swap with a band from the area you want to target. Another idea is to get an opening act gig as an audition in a new geographical area; or hit an open mic or two to introduce your band to a new area.

Some ideas. As your band bcomes better known and established, it gets a little easier to make those cold calls.

Archived