Bands on MySpace?

Jiggs

• Members

""HI! I'm new here! Help me sell my {censored}!"

You and 16 million other bands who will never get out of their own town, my own included.

"

Nice to meet you. Let me guess, you are PR for your band? We are not selling anything. For the record, I registered here two years ago.

Enjoy your apparently crappy day.

• Members

Originally posted by Jiggs

""HI! I'm new here! Help me sell my {censored}!"

You and 16 million other bands who will never get out of their own town, my own included.

"

Nice to meet you. Let me guess, you are PR for your band? We are not selling anything. For the record, I registered here two years ago.

Enjoy your apparently crappy day.

Ease up there, Nancy boy, I was funnin' ya. That's what that :D means when you see it. If your skin isn't any thicker than that, you're REALLY gonna hate it when you get reviewed by a national magazine.

But, yes, most of us as a rule don't appreciate newbies only coming here to get people to listen to their (sorry to say it, but it usually is) mediocre music.

Carry on.

• Members

Originally posted by Jiggs

Um, ok?

Don't take it hard, man. It's just you broke an unwritten rule about spamming your stuff when you have a really low post count.

A better way is to spend a little time getting to know the room, and letting them get to know you before you post a "listen to my stuff" thread.

And there's nothing wrong with putting a link in your tagline. I listen to other forumites music that way all the time, and sometimes I find stuff I really like.

It's a netiquette issue, that's all. Nobody is dissing you personally.

• Members

Originally posted by Super 8

Don't take it hard, man. It's just you broke an unwritten rule about spamming your stuff when you have a really low post count.

Well he could actually have 49Gajigabazillion posts for all we know with the recent post count genocide. :bor:

:wave:

• Members

Originally posted by BigBone

Well he could actually have 49Gajigabazillion posts for all we know with the recent post count genocide.
:bor:

:wave:

Oh yeah. I forgot about that one. The great post-count reduction of 05.

As for the tunes:

I liked "Past". That was a pretty strong tune.

"Normal People" needs some lyrical work, IMHO. The words just ain't flow'n. A few cool hooks though.

"Standing in Line" just didn't do it for me.

All of them could stand to be rerecorded.

The singer sounds like he's holding back a bit.

The guitar is too clean. It needs a little more fullness. Something needs to fill that space between the keyboard and the bass, and the guitar just isn't doing it at present.

The drums need to be real, or at least better samples, especially the cymbals.

But hey, you gots to work with what you gots to work with. And for a DYI basement project, it's not too bad. :thu:

Archived