NC forumites!

tdempsey

• Members

While you're in Calabash, you don't have many options unless you drive up to Wilmington. Pick up an Encore Magazine for local happenings. Kefi's usually has a good variety of rock bands. Smaller venues downtown like Waterstreet Restaurant have jazz, blues, flamenco, pop, etc.

Most of the venues in Cary are smaller bars & pubs. Raleigh has the Lincoln Theater, The Pour House, and several other good places. Pick up an Independent Weekly & check the calendar at www.raleighmusic.com

If you're in Cary on 2/18 and want to see two guys abusing a bunch of rock tunes, come to Connolly's Irish Pub in Cary.

• Members

In Charlotte, the Double Door Inn has usually got some great talent playing most any given night. You can pick up a Creative Loafing at most any hotel/motel and it'll let you know who, what, when, and where. All kinds of music venues around here though!

BTW - How do you reply to a PM? Anyway, we're playing the weekend of the 17th and 18th about 30 minutes outside of Charlotte and the last weekend 31st & 1st about an hour away from Charlotte. Love to see you if you get the chance!

Any other questions you have about Charlotte I'll be happy to answer. Good luck!

- Brad Mize

• Members

Originally posted by tdempsey

thanks Brad and Rupert, I'll save the details.

and slightly off-topic: Why do Irish pubs have the most awful website design?

It's because that haven't hired you yet Tim!

You have a great looking site yourself. I'm sure once they see what you can do for them it'll be over except for the drinking of the Irish Ale ( I can help you with that part)! If you get drunk enough maybe I can pick your brain for ideas for my web site - FrontPage sucks!)

Brad

• Members

Originally posted by tdempsey

thanks Brad and Rupert, I'll save the details.

and slightly off-topic: Why do Irish pubs have the most awful website design?

:D

Because they're frequently done gratis by the IT guy at the end of the bar who figured out that he doesn't have to telecommute from home. Or sometimes by a freshman IT student who waits tables there.

Thats also why the entertainment calendar is always so up-to-date. :mad:

Archived