Rock a christian juice bar? Check.

• Members

So my band has just been accepting any sort of gig we can get and my drummer has been going crazy with enthusiasm (bless his heart)

he booked us like 5 gigs this month and never finds out any of the vital info until the week/couple days before.

Anyways we played this Christian juice bar tonight and the soundman comes up to me and says

"You guys are first, just go ahead and set up. I just want to remind you guys to keep it clean."

Me - "Oh yeah we don't use obscenities."

I slipped just a bit and the content of the music was a bit ironic...not worship music at all really

excerpt

were you ever riding in

a green machine sled

driven by fear and two faced lies?

To escape the sea of complacency

Don't get your RX renewed

They gather their thoughts in spite

of the bleeding demand for their attention span

Telegram from uncle sam and they'll throw that {censored} away...

The christian kids were rockin out regardless and I accidentally cussed and mentioned drug use. But no one realized and it was the best sound I've ever had live. It was amazing

Have you ever had any off the beaten path gigs that turned out well?

-light

• Members

There's a venue here, used to be called the "New Earth Coffeehouse"...now called the "Main St. Cafe". It used to be a Christian-run place...and I think there are some ties still there...but they have normal rock and roll. I think they do the "keep it clean" bit there too...which, from what you're saying basically fits the bill. I think they just don't want anything overt...like wearing upside-down crosses and strapping on dildos (I've seen a band here do that, too).

Archived