Scott Mosher: Deep Horizon CD. Out now.

cyberwolf

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know I know... my pride, my pride!

That said, I moved (coast to coast) and "misplaced" my thread links and bookmarks until recently. It's liable to be a shot in the dark, but I felt the need to use my reply as some sort of mental self-therapy, considering how much I was slammed in my own PR thread (which, incidentally, was not out of place.)

This being a public forum, of course, I opened the door and hell if I can't dance with the demons with the best of 'em, heh heh. It's always interesting to see what folks say in your own thread when your not even around.

Waiter... I'll take another lump please!

• Members

Thread Necromancy 101

A for effort.

F+ for intent.

PS: Nothing wrong with mid-era Rush when they brought the synths on board, it was probably (arguably) their most experimental and grandiose not to mention, melodically strong era. So if I have the tag of being a "poor man's wanna be Rush" as opposed to a rag-tag Nirvana wannabe, so be it. I'll work on my dance moves next - can't wait to post about that.

Nope nothing wrong with mid-era Rush. But I actually enjoy listening to that. Your music? Not so much.

• Members

Myspace? What's that?

I'll take the "F+" though, if I'm not breaking ground on something, at least a new category of grading structure can be initialized on my dime. That all being said in previous posts, I just find it interesting some people consider spiteful and vindictive posts to be "honest reviews" when they aren't anything of the sort.

I've been a member (though frequent lurker) since 2001 for a plethora of reasons, self-promotion is of course, one of them, like most folks here. But I didn't exactly expect to get pathetic slams and accusations of "spam" in my own thread. Those are either jealous allegations or petty drivel posts that really don't add up to much, considering there's a majority of folks peddling their wares on this site, specifically this forum.

Kinda funny, and still makes me laugh how some folks have nothing better to do than slam, misconstrue and insult others when it would be far les time consuming to either ignore the post or post elsewhere, or better yet, make their own self-promotional thread so they can feel the wrath of the mother's basement types.

Didn't appreciate my tunes? I have no problem with that. I'm not exactly one who's a newbie to the music scene nor do I have an easilly bruised ego. I can take the criticism as well as the accolades, and I've posted everything I've ever received - reviews, praiseworthy or not - on my site, so honestly, that's not a problem. I do take issue with those who have to piss on other's parades when they could be mowing the lawn, drinking Kool-Aid, or saying "dude, your stuff, sucks, but here, check MINE out - this is real music!" - that would show some respectable cojones.

• Members

Myspace? What's that?

I'll take the "F+" though, if I'm not breaking ground on something, at least a new category of grading structure can be initialized on my dime. That all being said in previous posts, I just find it interesting some people consider spiteful and vindictive posts to be "honest reviews" when they aren't anything of the sort.

I've been a member (though frequent lurker) since 2001 for a plethora of reasons, self-promotion is of course, one of them, like most folks here. But I didn't exactly expect to get pathetic slams and accusations of "spam" in my own thread. Those are either jealous allegations or petty drivel posts that really don't add up to much, considering there's a majority of folks peddling their wares on this site, specifically this forum.

Kinda funny, and still makes me laugh how some folks have nothing better to do than slam, misconstrue and insult others when it would be far les time consuming to either ignore the post or post elsewhere, or better yet, make their own self-promotional thread so they can feel the wrath of the mother's basement types.

Didn't appreciate my tunes? I have no problem with that. I'm not exactly one who's a newbie to the music scene nor do I have an easilly bruised ego. I can take the criticism as well as the accolades, and I've posted everything I've ever received - reviews, praiseworthy or not - on my site, so honestly, that's not a problem. I do take issue with those who have to piss on other's parades when they could be mowing the lawn, drinking Kool-Aid, or saying "dude, your stuff, sucks, but here, check MINE out - this is real music!" - that would show some respectable cojones.

Dude, what color is the sky in your world? I mean really, get the hell over yourself. You come in here with a pretentious first post titled "Scott Mosher: Deep Horizon CD. Out now." as if it's the second coming or something, then wonder why so many are A) telling you to get bent and B) giving you honest opinions about your music. It would have made a world of difference if you had just said "Hey guys, check out my music" instead of acting like you are taking time off your world wide tour to share some crumbs off your lavish table with us peasants.

In case you didn't get that, nobody here is "jealous or spiteful".

Just annoyed.

And amused, because if you had not bumped your post you would have been utterly forgotten.

• Members

Go back and read past posts. My original post was - simply put - a pretty self-explanatory self-promotional post. That's it. You don't like it don't read it and don't post about it. Granted there was a few honest opinions, but far more spiteful posts.

I didn't know you we're speaking for the rest of the posters in this thread.

At least I feel much better that you are taking all this extra time out of your day to reply to my posts, apparently, you are having more fun with this thread than I am.

Although I will take issue with your allegations of my supposed "inflated" sense of self or my music - I don't remember seeing or reading any bragging on my part. Very simply, the original post was a Press Release.

BTW, if "so many" pertains to the handfull or so who are just malcontents, then I'll take that over some knee-jerk reaction by you who continually misconstrues the intent of the original post and my subsequent comments.

Thanks for taking the time to reply though. Feel free to send me a link to your material. I'll do my personal best not to come off like sanctimonious peer who has nothing better to do than "get bent" over a mere explanation of intent.

• Members

Go back and read past posts. My original post was - simply put - a pretty self-explanatory self-promotional post.

And oddly written in the third person and posted by yourself. Reminiscent of the seinfeld episode "The Jimmy".

"Jimmy's new cd is out. Jimmy's cd rocks pretty hard. You all are just jealous of Jimmy's music!"

• Members

Myspace? What's that?

We all have better things to do. This is just an amusing diversion.

And I have to disagree with vanlette. I don't think this post would have been 'utterly forgotten.' How could someone forget a thread with third person promo speak, use of the phrase "peep this", or lame hot pocket jokes??? There's enough material here to make this thread a classic if it keeps going.

In fact, I'd like to suggest this thread be tacked. :thu:

• Members

I didn't know you we're speaking for the rest of the posters in this thread.

He kinda is though. I mean, I personally tried to get the same points across to you earlier in the thread , albeit in a more civil tone (as did a few others). But, that technique didn't seem to get the point across, or you acknowledged the responses, only to follow up with more of the same pretentiousness that invited them in the first place. So, we all just quit bothering with civility.

You can lead a Scott Mosher to water...

• Members

He kinda is though. I mean, I personally tried to get the same points across to you earlier in the thread , albeit in a more civil tone (as did a few others). But, that technique didn't seem to get the point across, or you acknowledged the responses, only to follow up with more of the same pretentiousness that invited them in the first place. So, we all just quit bothering with civility.

You can lead a Scott Mosher to water...

My turn for the lol. :D :D :D

• Members

And oddly written in the third person and posted by yourself.

Yup, considering I don't have a PR agency at my beck and call, I'm pretty much relegated to maintaining all aspects of my musical "career" which unfortunately includes copywriting and PR rhetoric. At least you didn't conjure up any Newmanisms with the Seinfeld comparison.

• Members

How could someone forget a thread with third person promo speak, use of the phrase "peep this", or lame hot pocket jokes??? There's enough material here to make this thread a classic if it keeps going. In fact, I'd like to suggest this thread be tacked.
:thu:

Certainly, total revelation - independent, self-financed musician writes his own material and copywrites his own PR campaign. It's pretty cool, though... I'll take the butt of the jokes here on the chin, the impression is what counts.

Whereas some would avoid further commentary or responses at or, or perhaps head over to their local post office with various hand-made mail bombs, here I am, a glutton for punishment nominated for a tack!

• Members

in a more civil tone (as did a few others). But, that technique didn't seem to get the point across, or you acknowledged the responses, only to follow up with more of the same pretentiousness that invited them in the first place. So, we all just quit bothering with civility. You can lead a Scott Mosher to water...

Agreed... I'll take the civil tone over the insults any day, but I can take them with the best of 'em as well. Especially from the closet Milli Vanilli lovers. Civility I like, pretentiousness? Not so much, and I'd beg to differ and go as far to say there's far more arrogance and pretentiousness amongst the respondants here than in any of my posts. Silly banter, flagrant euphamisms and crass self-promotion? Sure book me on those, Danko.

Btw, I prefer Dr. Pepper to water, so if you are going to lead me anywhere...

• Members

"Scott Mosher's getting angry! - Scott Mosher likes his chicken spicy..."

Well, really I'm not, who can honestly take this stuff too seriously - but I just might be able to fit that into a future song. Can I quote you on that?

• Members

I checked out two of the tracks - not really my cup of tea, but it's well executed for what it is. The songs are rather epic and defintely remind me of a high-energy Queensryche kind of thing. Good luck with it!

• Members

It's not "metal", it's "METAL!!!" (include additional exclamations and superlatives for emphasis.)

Honestly, I'm not a metal true believer. Whether it's true metal or heavy metal or not, semantics, and not really a concern for me as a composer. Whether the final songs represent my vision and are executed to my liking is more important. The category itself is not of much consequence...

Now raise those horns! |..|

Archived