In search of . . . Jack of all trades

• Members

Here is the classified add I wish would be answered:

Looking for:

Person skilled in these areas: Live sound, lighting rigs, guitar luthier, drum tech, mechanic, computers. Other requirements would be: loves to drive through the night, enjoys loading and unloading gear, is interested in selling merch and is well networked with most clubs in all major cities.

Is that too much to ask?

:D

• Members

Originally posted by Beachbum

7 Layer Burritos and a
steady
stream of groupies (measurements and hair color to our specifications) or we're out on strike.
:D

Groupies wielding 7-layer burritos and a signed permission form from my wife...:o

• Members

In the 80s, when I was on the road full time, we hired my drummer's big brother to be our sound and light man, and full-time driver. He set up the PA, the lights, ran it all, drove the band truck, and was a pretty decent mechanic, as well as kept all the speaker wires and connections soldered. He worked for 100 bucks a week plus room and food. It was awesome!

After we got off the road, he bought a biker bar a few years later and hired me to play there as much as I wanted to.

• Members

Ok Ok guys.

Burritos and chicks. That I can do. All but one of us in the band already have super hot chics (Don't ask me how...must have been the alcohol). I'd be more than happy to pass on the groupies so I don't have to haul anymore gear!

haha.

• Members

This brings up a question we've had for a while, now...

Bringing someone on the road with you...a roadie/equipment/merch/photo person...

Is it really necessary? Like Dante was saying, how the heck do you find such a person? Any drawbacks? Any horror stories?

My band is getting ready to head out on it's 3rd "regional"/"semi-national" tour. So far, we haven't had any road people with us...just the 3 band members. I know on those shows where we have to get our crap off of stage and pack it up to get it out of the way, we lose valuable merch-selling time. If we had someone then, it would be great. Plus, someone to take some pics would be nice. It's just hard to find cheap labor.

• Members

Originally posted by JacieFB

If we had someone then, it would be great. Plus, someone to take some pics would be nice. It's just hard to find cheap labor.

Hire a band to do all that. I hear they work cheap.

Archived