Criticize my bands videos!

mparsons

• Members

Okay, some observations:

1) Apparently, the drummer didn't get the memo that it was Black Tee Shirt Night.

2) if you're going to put things on the internet, make sure they help you, not hurt you. To be honest, those clips sounded like {censored}, and I have a pretty decent sound system on my computer.

3) If someone's going to be a lead vocalist only, they need to do a bit more than just stagger around the stage area.

4) 6 pieces is a lot if you plan on getting any work and making any money to put back into the band, and especially if you plan on touring later. I'd consider losing one of the guitars or the keyboard, which you couldn't really hear once the band started playing anyway.

NOW, for the good points:

1) The rhythm section seems tight, and keeps time. That's ALWAYS a good thing.

2) The guitar tones were pretty decent, when I could hear them.

3) The keyboard player sounds pretty good, again, when I could hear him.

4) Overall, the stage presence isn't bad. It's not great, but it's already better than a lot of veteran bands I've seen.

5) You guys are young, and from what I could tell, have a good grasp of the basics of being in a band, so you'll only get better if you stay with it. I didn't hear or see anything that can't be fixed.

And that's the key: STAY WITH IT. And whatever you do, don't take criticism personally. It's meant to help you get better. You should have a great future, whether you stay together as a band or as individuals.

All the best. And did I mention, STAY WITH IT?;):D

• Members

Thanks for the criticism!

BS- Agreed on all points. We put the videos up on the internet because, right now, they're the only way for people to get acquainted with our music. Once we get a demo online we'll probably not post videos like this

BW- Lame, maybe, but its a funny joke ( the cape anyway ). KsE and Buckethead get away with worse, so why not?

cooter- Singers staying ( if he can get voice lessons ), keyboardist is staying ( too much a part of our sound ). Behringer equipment is there until we can upgrade it.

( I'm the guitarist with the white guitar )

Everyone in our band is very young. I'm the oldest at 17, and the youngest is the keyboardist who turned 15 a month ago. Thanks for the suggestions and comments!

• Members

Originally posted by mparsons

Thanks for the criticism!

BS- Agreed on all points. We put the videos up on the internet because, right now, they're the only way for people to get acquainted with our music. Once we get a demo online we'll probably not post videos like this

BW- Lame, maybe, but its a funny joke ( the cape anyway ). KsE and Buckethead get away with worse, so why not?

cooter- Singers staying ( if he can get voice lessons ), keyboardist is staying ( too much a part of our sound ). Behringer equipment is there until we can upgrade it.

( I'm the guitarist with the white guitar )

Everyone in our band is very young. I'm the oldest at 17, and the youngest is the keyboardist who turned 15 a month ago. Thanks for the suggestions and comments!

I think the core part of the group (both gtrs, bs, drm) shows a lot of potential.

However, not only does your "singer" need vocal lessons, but if your going to do that kind of music, he needs to watch videos of the popular bands in your genre and take a LOT of notes.

He has the charisma of a stump.

I hate to be a superficial image-monger, but he needs to get himself on a diet/exersize regemin, or he'll be my size in a few years. :(

I am pretty sure someone among the rest of you can sing better than that.

I realize this was just kind of a loose thing in the garage, or whatever, but in the future, you should work on some sort of a band image. If the bassist wants to wear a cape...fine, but go all the way with it, or don't so it at all...put him in some sort of macabre superhero outfit, or make him look like everybody else.

You say the cape was an attempt at humor, but humor and the type of music you guys are doing is kind of incongruous.

As for the keyboardist...yeah, I am a keyboardist, too...but I also know when keyboards don't fit, and don't think you'll lose anything by ditching him.

Just play those high melody parts on your guitar, or if you insist on keeping keyboards, then maybe the second guitarist or yourself can get a synth and play those parts...maybe a guitar synth, when you get the cash?

• Members

Our singer is getting vocal lessons as soon as we have the money to get them for him. Thanks for the criticism as well, I'm going to coach him ( and the rest of the band.. ) on stage presence.

As for going for a guitar synth.. I've always wanted one, but I don't think it'd work out. We'd lose a lot of thickness in our sound if we ditched the keyboardist. It also sets us apart from other bands and he works very well with us.

• Members

Maybe its just the audio quality but I cannot hear the singer regardless of how loud my speakers are turned up, and they can get pretty loud. Maybe having someone else sing with your singer (if its possible) could help with that?

Stage presence needs work but you have already said you'd take care of that.

I do like the music, though. :thu:

• Members

Rumble- Our songs have a mix of screaming and real ( clean ) singing.

Part of the problem is that the PA we played with was not powerful enough to project our vocalist well. The other problem was that the rhythm guitarist ( red guitar ) was turned up WAY too loud.

Needless to say he's been suspended from use of his amps tone controls...

• Members

Constructive criticisism:

1)You need to work on the vox big time

2) Metal-death- goth-whatever needs to be TIGHT .

No offense but your band need lots of work. I could say "much potential" blah blah but I'd be blowing smoke up your ass. Stage presence should also be a huge concern.

Archived