Anything good (and cheap) happening in Atlanta area tonite?

• Members

Ha! We might go to that too Roy. Although we saw them at an in-store thing at Criminal Records a couple of years ago and that was probably a better setting to see them.

No gig for us tonight unfortunately, you missed a great show last night pink floyd - X at the Tabernacle.

Feel free to drop me a line if you do come to town though, maybe we can meet up for a drink or something at least.

• Members

Trachtenburg Family Sideshow Players?

Lee, it would be cool to meet you on my way through- really hate that I missed it last nite. BTW what's up with Joey (Huffman) lately- was he on the gig? PM your # to me if you like.

Anybody from the Waynesville/ Asheville (NC) area? My mother lives in Waynesville, going there to visit her a couple of days. She is not much of a party animal, so I probably won't get out much.

• Members

I'm in Atlanta over the weekend celebrating my 44th birthday with my wife and my sister and brother in law. That's why I didn't try to meet up with anybody on this trip. I've been running around with them all weekend. But I'll probably be back in Atlanta before too long, next time I need to go to Wax & Facts to buy more records for my collection.

Last night we went to The Earl to see Jessica Delfino, Corn Mo, and the Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players. It was an evening of musical comedy and performance art. That cat Corn Mo is one talented cat. He write some cool tunes, plays accordian and piano really well, and sings better than most. He would make a really good Broadway performer. Though he seems to keep a pretty busy schedule playing by himself. Jessica Delfino only played maybe twenty minutes but was really entertaining. And the Trachtenburg Family Players were the goofiest nerds I have ever seen perform onstage. In fact I felt rather ordinary in comparison. Very good and entertaining evening.

• Members

Sorry I didn't get hold of you Friday pfc, things got too nutty around here. But maybe on your way back? I'll try to call ya.

A bunch of our friends did a Syd Barrett tribute at the Earl last night and it was really cool! Quite a few new bands or bands with new lineups that we were seeing for the first time, but made up of many people we knew. Yeah, the scene here is pretty incestuous. :) But it was great!

Archived