The Van Halen Wedding Processional

Mr. Botch

• Members

My cover band rarely does weddings, usually its when friends of the band get married and hire us.

Well, this time it was the bass player's ex! She was getting married for the third time, and she wanted us to play, so what the heck. She wanted it to be a rock and roll wedding, and she played Van Hagar's "How do I know this is love?" as her wedding processional (actually not a bad tune for a processional while the keyboard intro is going). She went through our full song list to pick out what she wanted us to do, and she included some, uh, unusual wedding ditties like "Big 10-inch Record" and "Pour Some Sugar". She picked out four hours worth of tunes and we were only there for two, so fortunately we could leave out the questionable ones.

Good pay, excellent non-smoking country club, two hours of playing, free prime rib dinner, and lotsa comely lasses dressed to the nines. Occasionally, a wedding ain't a bad thing to do. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Lee Flier

Well I'm glad it was a good gig, but the real question is what did the bass player think about it?
:D

He thought it was odd that she'd hired us, but he's on good terms with her and wasn't bothered by it. Her mother, on the other hand, supposedly couldn't stand him, but at the end of the party she came up and gave him a big hug, and said we sounded great.

All's well that ends well. :):thu:

Archived