Christmas gifts for budding singers

• Members

Does anybody else tend to buy music-related stuff when Christmas shopping for musically-inclined kids? I would like to hear your suggestions for $100-$150 range.

Last year I bought a used Shure wireless mic for my girlfriend's teenage daughter, she used it with her performing group but seems to have lost interest in singing in favor of boys and myspace.com.

Anyway I would like to help rekindle that interest with a portable type PA- possibly just a single speaker with a mic and jambox input. I know that is hard to find for a Benny but it doesn't have to be big or fancy, just very light and simple to use. Any karaoke set-ups I have seen at any price are pure crap BTW. A local lounge singer chick has a Yorkville device that works great but I can't locate her.

Any suggestions for that or anything else singing-related?

• Members

I use a Yorkville KW100 http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yorkville-100KW-12-2Channel-Wedge-Keyboard-Amp?sku=480027

I use it as a monitor for rehearsal and my solo gig. Occasionally I will use it as a main in a small gig situation.

It has two inputs, takes xlr and 1/4", and has an effects loop. I love it. They also make a 50 watt version.

Archived