Any doom musicians in the Florida panhandle?

Zlandicar

• Members

My current bands/projects just aren't cutting it. What I'm looking for are musicians that are interested in creating some serious doom metal. I'm in the Niceville/Destin/Fort Walton/Crestview area at present. My main influences include the Melvins, Electric Wizard, Yob, Earth, Cult of Luna, Agalloch, Dissection, Black Sabbath, Future Sound of London, Orange Goblin, Cirith Ungol, Warhorse, Sleep, Juno Reactor, Kyuss, Bal-Sagoth, Cathedral, Summoning, Yngwie Malmsteen, Gamma Ray, Pelican, Astral Projection, Windir, and the Lord Weird Slough Feg.

I play guitar and sing, I'm looking for a drummer and bassist at minimum, but an additional drummer would be welcome (the music is heavily biased toward the rhythm section), as would another vocalist to handle clean or harsh vox (I can do either very well, but would like to focus on one or the other to become extremely good at it). The music is extremely loud, usually fairly slow and very heavy - most of the material is written in A#; the lowest is in D# (as in a half-step below the standard tuning for a bass). I'm not interested in a second guitarist.

Anyone out there interested? Shoot me a PM, I never check this forum. ;)

Archived