band recording

211dave112

• Members

Very tight, professional sounding, you should be rapt & proud.

Not my kind of music, so I can't rave about that aspect, but it sounds good.

I thought the bass was a bit understated in places. Like after the dropout in Bend Until It Breaks ... the bass should come thumping back in there, but always it has a sort soft velvety tone. I can't find anything else to complain about. Good job singing & bass at the same time, especially in Counterfeit, where the voice is doing completely different things to the bass.

One risk of having such a characteristic sound is things might get samey after a while. Halfway thought the third song I'm getting impatient because I want to hear something new. The other stuff posted recently (by gnarly?) was a real contrast, where every song grabbed you with something new.

I skipped to Window Shopping, thankfully it started off with a fresh new beat :)

GaJ

• Members

great stuff, amongst the best music I've ever heard posted here. Production is professional sounding, songs are catchy, singing is on key and engaging.

I am loving this music. I actually want to hear more. It's fun to listen to. Guitar tones are happening, in fact there really isn't anything I can nitpick about. Nice job!

• Members

Thanks for the comments guys, really encouraging to hear.

TBH up until now I've always thought of us as a live band but i think the producer (singer from www.myspace.com/theheys) really captured the sounds.

For those interested the guitars used were, lite ash tele, MIM tele, and a pinch of a rickenbacker 330 (or 360, always muddle the two up!) all going into a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe of the verge of exploding most of the time.

any other thoughts??

Archived