Zen of Screaming

ThrashensteiN

• Members

So we have these at my job and was wondering if theyre worth while? Theres 2 of em (Zen of Screaming 1 and 2 obviously), and it might be nice to learn some new techniques so I dont end up spitting up blood again after an intense show :-(

Thrashstein.... STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER BRO!

Take a deep breath...well not toooooo deep or you'll be on the same planet as WowieZowie and his Tang Trips!

Gotta be more descriptive of your......"Zen of Screaming"? Were they Books, Audio Tapes, DVD's, CD's...something found on the internet or were they black vinyls pulled from Alister Crowley's section in the Dewey Decimal System?

Help US to HELP you. :)

• Members

If you really weant to improve vocal technique you should find a good teacher that you can sit with face to face.

If you don't understand what you might be doing wrong then it is hard to know if you're still doing it wrong(if that makes sense)

Anyway, if you're in the detroit area and are seriousabout improving your voice I know a guy in Oakland county that is great. He's a rock guy and experienced in vocal rehabilitation.

No matter how good someone sings(or thinks they sing) vocal lessons from a good teacher can help greatly.

• Members
So we have these at my job and was wondering if theyre worth while? Theres 2 of em (Zen of Screaming 1 and 2 obviously), and it might be nice to learn some new techniques so I dont end up spitting up blood again after an intense show :-(

Try them out for some weeks. I have Zen of Screaming 1 and Melissa Cross has some good advice. What I see as the challenge is to find useful excercises, I'm lost without excercise, so I haven't been able to work much with it. But the techniques is very correct and will save you lot's of frustration. ZOS is one of few serious methods in this vocal genre.

• Members

If you really weant to improve vocal technique you should find a good teacher that you can sit with face to face.

If you don't understand what you might be doing wrong then it is hard to know if you're still doing it wrong(if that makes sense)

Anyway, if you're in the detroit area and are seriousabout improving your voice I know a guy in Oakland county that is great. He's a rock guy and experienced in vocal rehabilitation.

No matter how good someone sings(or thinks they sing) vocal lessons from a good teacher can help greatly.

I saw you guys in Owosso last month. 'Bout the fifth time I've seen you guys...keep rockin Laroosco.

• Members

Thrashstein.... STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER BRO!

Take a deep breath...well not toooooo deep or you'll be on the same planet as WowieZowie and his Tang Trips!

Gotta be more descriptive of your......"Zen of Screaming"? Were they Books, Audio Tapes, DVD's, CD's...something found on the internet or were they black vinyls pulled from Alister Crowley's section in the Dewey Decimal System?

Help US to HELP you.
:)

Poons what I use. Don't know where you be gettin dat "Tang" ting.

Sorry, just had to. ;)

• Members

i have those DVD's, i am about halfway through the first one and it isnt teaching you how to scream, its teaching you how to scream and not lose your voice after the show. it teahces your breathing techniques and stuff, its cool, i never knew there was like 3 ways to scream using your breath.

• Members

I have the first one and found it VERY useful. The warm-ups taught in there are killer. It's pretty funny watchin' Randy from Lamb Of God do some of them too...

If you're looking to learn HOW to scream, the first doesn't really get too deep into it, it's more of if you're already screaming like a banshee, how to go about keeping your throat in working order to do that consistently.

• Members

Practice, practice , and more practice. If your coughing blood your not doing it right.

As you increase your range, the vocal chord thin. Once they have been conditioned you can lean into them and product hard vibrations. Screaming is still singing, and not a go for broke operation.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I own both these DVDs and they have great extreme vocal techniques on them. If you're in a band screaming your ass off it is a really good idea to watch and learn from these. I've spoken to Jamie from The Absence and Randy Blythe of Lamb of God after some shows and they both swear by Melissa Cross's teachings.

Archived