Advice on Cover Band song-list. Rock/Hard Rock.

wc8485

• Members

I read a couple of the other threads that were along similar lines. None of the lists were really comparable to where we are.

There is a market here for the style/genre, I've researched that well enough. My concern is (as someone stated in another thread) that our list is getting "songs for guys" heavy. I'm down with what our goal should be with the song list, People know the songs, dance-able, mass appeal. So, if you recognize the genre/songs... input is appreciated.

Background, we've been doing the originals only thing for the past two years. I'm not as up on what goes over well "across the board" as I'd like to be and I'm very guilty of choosing songs that would probably tank.

We have agreed on songs up to Mountain Song, rest are in the "pot to pick from."

Through Glass - Stone Sour

Good Times,Bad Times - Zep.

Remedy - Seether

Shooting Star - Black Stone Cherry

Control - Puddle of Mudd

We Die Young - AIC

Pyscho - Puddle of Mudd

Anarchy - Megadeth version

Plush - STP

Mob Goes Wild - Clutch

Symphony - Megadeth

Only - Anthrax

Crazy Bitch - BuckCherry

Get Free - The Vines

Too Drunk - BuckCherry

Dead & Bloated - STP

Keep Away - Godsmack

Forever - Papa Roach

Get Stoned - Hinder

Down - STP

Bad Girlfriend - Theory of a Deadman

Fake It - Seether

What a Day - Nonpoint

Stupid Girl - Cold

Straight Out of Line - Godsmack

Stupify - Disturbed

Why I'm Here - Oleander

The Red - Chevelle

Cold - Crossfade

She Builds Quick Machines - Velvet Revolver

Coming Undone - Korn

Cemetary Gates - Pantera

MachineHead - Bush

Mountain Song - Jane's Addiction

==========================================================

Toxicity /Or *Aerials - System of a Down

Bodies - Drowing Pool

Falling Down /or *Becoming the Bull - Atreyu

Addicted - Saving Abel

Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters

Heroes - Shinedown

The Enemy - Godsmack

War Pigs - Sabbath

Pretender - Foo Fighters

Cochise - Audio Slave

The Day that never comes /or *Cyanide - Metallica

Black Sunshine - White Zombie

From Yesterday - 30 Seconds to Mars

Fall to Pieces - Velvet Revolver

Scream - Avenged Sevenfold

• Members

Hey man,

My cover band is in more or less the same boat. We play nothing but rock songs, and our set list shares more than a few of those tunes with yours! Feedback has been great so far; the only catch is recognizing that you're dealing with a finite product.

As a drummer, my biggest issue is getting my band mates to realize that we can't perform "The Sickness" at a coffee bar, even if they're offering $500. The venues need to welcome the loud rock music and the fans do as well.

We've been sticking with big rock mainstays with a few of the "flavor of the week" songs (like Theory of a Deadman's "Bad Girlfriend" and Saving Abel's "Addicted"), but if you choose the right venue and do it up, people seem to really dig seeing those songs played with some serious rock and roll determination.

Good luck! :thu:

• Members

"Thunderkiss '65" from White Zombie gets girls on the dance floor here. "Mother" from Danzig has worked well and "Man in the Box" from AIC has always worked. They all are danceable and a lot of women are familiar with them.

We were kinda the in the same boat as you. We had a bunch of heavier songs, but around here they don't work as well. We just decided a week ago that when we add songs, they will be the more upbeat party songs. We will keep a lot of our old set list, but try some stuff that is a little different from the norm. Good luck.

Archived