New band - Inaugural gig last Saturday...

tucktronix

• Members

This probably should be posted in the "pride in your band" thread...

I've actually been playing with this rock cover band for almost a year now, so "fairly new" would be a better description. We played our first 2 gigs last summer before the singer/lead guitarist and bass player left the band. Since then, we've acquired a new guitarist, bass player, a lead vocalist who doubles on dobro and a lead/backup vocalist who covers horn parts on a guitar synth. Last Saturday was our first gig with the new lineup.

Overall, the gig went very good. The place was crowded, with a great deal of folks sticking around the entire night. It took some extra time to get the PA setup(the guitar synth player owns it and did the sound) and we ended up starting about 8 minutes late. There were a few issues, but I thought we sounded great overall, showed some good energy and the songs seemed to go over pretty well. I had posted our setlist in the "setlist" thread. Here's a link to our demo... http://doghouseband.webs.com/heartheband.htm. Please excuse the juvenile web layout. This is only temporary.

I really enjoy playing with these guys, great musicians with a maturity level that I've only seen in very few of the musicians I've ever played with. We have fun, and genuinely like each other. I see nothing but positive things happening with this band. We have a great sound(I think), a great mix of tunes, and nice harmonies. Onward and upward!

• Members

You guys are real slick sounding, very pro sounding. At least to me. Very Robert Cray sounding singer in places, a really nice vibe overall.

As a ocassional synth-guitar player, I'd like to hear more of your synth guitar player's synth guitar playing. :D

• Members

Tuck... how many bands are you in now? LOL

Dude... I would gladly spend any Friday or Sat night dancing and singing along to your band. Great song choices! Love the Steely Dan and Cray songs. That's what I love truely about upstate NY... they have such a mature club scene. It's not often to find the average age between 35-45... and they appreciate great blues, classic and AOR. This band sounds so damn tight I'm almost ashamed at the way we approach songs (which is like a deli counter).

Then again after being a real fan of your style and playing in this board for many years I couldn't imagine you in anything less professional. One day I will make it to Rottenchester for a gig.

BTW... the organ and rhodes patches are spot on. Is the EX7 in your live rig?

• Members

You guys are real slick sounding, very pro sounding. At least to me. Very Robert Cray sounding singer in places, a really nice vibe overall.

As a ocassional synth-guitar player, I'd like to hear more of your synth guitar player's synth guitar playing.
:D

The demo was actually done prior to his joining the band. Let me tell 'ya, he's a valued member of the band. A killer guitarist to boot, he also covers some rhythm guitar. He's a little eccentric, and we lovingly refer to him as the 'mad scientist':D

• Members

Tuck... how many bands are you in now? LOL

Dude... I would gladly spend any Friday or Sat night dancing and singing along to your band. Great song choices! Love the Steely Dan and Cray songs. That's what I love truely about upstate NY... they have such a mature club scene. It's not often to find the average age between 35-45... and they appreciate great blues, classic and AOR. This band sounds so damn tight I'm almost ashamed at the way we approach songs (which is like a deli counter).

Then again after being a real fan of your style and playing in this board for many years I couldn't imagine you in anything less professional. One day I will make it to Rottenchester for a gig.

BTW... the organ and rhodes patches are spot on. Is the EX7 in your live rig?

Thanks man

3 bands now:lol::lol:

I know... I'm a glutton:facepalm:

You guys should definitely book a gig up here. You, Outkaster(Jay) and I could hook up..

IDK, I think I've really struck paydirt with these guys. Such talented players, all around great people. The drummer and I both also play in the jazz fusion band(Footnote) and were both with the prog band Mind Sky, he formed all 3 groups. He handles all the band biz, website, etc and always finds musicians who are on the same page. I consider myself blessed to have known this guy.

I've been in quite a few dead-end cover bands in my musical lifetime, and I consider this band more of a dichotomy of sorts. After having been playing locally for nearly 20 years, it's still a learning process for me.

The sounds in the demo were all S80. My EX7's been kind of flaky lately. Some screws are missing from the cover when the memory modules are located. It tends to lose some functionality after it's been in the cold for a short while. I'm bringin' the CX3 for gigs with these guys:thu:

Archived