To the "singers"...are your parents good singers too?

BigVoiceTenor

• Members

My Mom can't sing a note, but both of my grandmothers sang all day long as they worked around the house, I am certain I must have learned from them.

My daughter on the other hand listens to me practise all the time, and has started imporvising along with me.

This was one of the coolest moments I ever captured on film, I was playing around with capo positions on a new song, and my 4 year old daughter who was in the bath listening to me, had a few things to say and sing......

• Members

My mom is a great vocalist who still plays in a rock 'n roll band at the age of 62 and still has serious chops.

I have been singing and playing since I could talk and I strongly believe it has to do with genetics and simply being immersed in music my entire life. If you are constantly something, you're gonna pick something up. And if you get emotion from listening to it, you're more than likely going to excel at it.

I now have my own band and I definetly think I owe a big part to the genes on my mom's side of the family and also the environment I was subjected to growing up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

My Mom can't sing a note, but both of my grandmothers sang all day long as they worked around the house, I am certain I must have learned from them.

My daughter on the other hand listens to me practise all the time, and has started imporvising along with me.

This was one of the coolest moments I ever captured on film, I was playing around with capo positions on a new song, and my 4 year old daughter who was in the bath listening to me, had a few things to say and sing......

I checked out your little girl adding to your song. It was so phenomonal! Your songs and vocals as well. What kind of mic were you using? The clarity was great! I'd like to check it out. Or if anyone else can identify the mic in that youtube video I'd appreciate it! I suppose i should add my thoughts on Parental influence as far as singing. Both absolutely loved and played music constantly so I was saturated w/music. My dad used to put his country and western LPS and ask me..." Lets hear you yodel"... "Lets hear you play this song" So I did and still do. But, ..sorry Dad.... I don't play much country and western.

Archived