Bon Scott era AC/DC medley

• Members

My band wants to do an AC/DC medley using old Bon Scott era songs. Has anyone done this? We don't do any medleys currently, do the songs have to be same key, tempo, etc. to really work? Any ideas on which old AC/DC songs would go together well. Maybe all since they tend to sound similar...

• Members

Our ACDC Medley goes: Whole lotta Rosie>TNT>Back in Black>Let there Be Rock.

Sometimes change out Rosie for Long way to the Top or Jailbreak.

I know its not Bon - but its fun!

We usually transition where theres a held chord like the A in the TNT chorus (after "watch me Explooooooode). Then go E straight into Back in Black.

• Members

I don't know... I used to play in an AC/DC tribute years ago, but we did complete songs - not medleys. However, I always thought that you could tie likely "Shot Down in Flames", "Highway to Hell" and "If You Want Blood" - tempos are close enough and the keys are the same. Also 'TNT' and 'Dirty Deeds' are close enough to each other that our drummer would often start the wrong song cuz he got them mixed up all the time lol

• Members

Also 'TNT' and 'Dirty Deeds' are close enough to each other that our drummer would often start the wrong song cuz he got them mixed up all the time lol

Haha, I've had that problem before. :lol: Also had a similar problem doing Billy Idol's "White Wedding" and "Rebel Yell" in the same night. They both have a Bm chord so there were times when I would mix up the two and start singing "Last night a little dancer..." over the White Wedding chords or vice-versa. Ooops...

Archived