Vertigo, a new band

• Members

Sounds like amateurish, cheesy 60's music.

Singing in Greek isn't going to get you many fans, either.

Sing in English, instead.

Then again - even that's not going to help your music, much.

The overall quality of everything about those songs is rather poor... sorry. :(

• Members

Sounds like amateurish, cheesy 60's music.

Singing in Greek isn't going to get you many fans, either.

Sing in English, instead.

Then again - even that's not going to help your music, much.

The overall quality of everything about those songs is rather poor... sorry.
:(

Don't sing in your native language, because English is more popular?

What a patronising thing to say.

I don't care if you hated the material the guy posted, there's no need for that.

• Members

Don't sing in your native language, because English is more popular?

What a patronising thing to say.

I don't care if you hated the material the guy posted, there's no need for that.

The comment was not in any way shape or form meant to be patronizing, xenophobic, flippant or otherwise.

If you read it that way, then you've obviously got some issues. :freak:

The simple fact of the matter is if he wants to get his music out, worldwide - English is his best bet. Simple numbers. (that and practicing a little more, getting better instruments, etc)

I love music in foreign languages - one of my favorite bands is from Japan, and I enjoy their Japanese lyrics.But they also record most all of their music in English for mass consumption. I also love Mariachi and Salsa.

Seriously, check yourself, friend.:cop:

• Members

Welcome to HC. The style sounds 60's retro. Perhaps you are going for this sound, don't know. Recording isn't the best. But hey, you're there and I'm here. And I have NO IDEA what kind of music is enjoyed in Greece. The only Greek music I have heard performed is native Greek folk music, and although I appreciated the musicianship, it wasn't for me. Good luck with your band.

• Members

Ouch, that was unlistenable in nearly every respect. I made it though the first song- the drummer has some serious tempo issues. The song gained speed probably 30% between 45 seconds and 1:45. Rough recording, vocals off key all over- sorry, just didn't think it was good.

Archived