Sharing large audio files online

mpacey

• Members

I've turned into a recording junkie since I got my Zoom R8. I've been recording gigs for the two projects I'm involved in, but it's kind of pointless editing those files, separating out songs and emailing MP3s. I'd rather dump entire sets for the rest of my bandmates to hear, but I'm a bit perplexed about what options are available.

How are other people sharing large files? What online services work the best (and are either cheap or free)?

• Members

I've turned into a recording junkie since I got my Zoom R8. I've been recording gigs for the two projects I'm involved in, but it's kind of pointless editing those files, separating out songs and emailing MP3s. I'd rather dump entire sets for the rest of my bandmates to hear, but I'm a bit perplexed about what options are available.

How are other people sharing large files? What online services work the best (and are either cheap or free)?

Dropbox gives you 2.25 gb free. More if you pay.

You could also always get yourself some server space with a web provider. I pay like $3.50/mo for a fatcow account with unlimited server space and give people ftp access if I want to share something. I use it for both work and band stuff.

• Members

Well, that worked. Thanks, Stratotastic. I was having trouble sorting out which sharing options were legit, but Dropbox looks perfect.

Geez. Less than ten minutes and my problem was solved.

Thanks again.

• Members

Well, that worked. Thanks, Stratotastic. I was having trouble sorting out which sharing options were legit, but Dropbox looks perfect.

Geez. Less than ten minutes and my problem was solved.

Thanks again.

No prob--glad it worked. If you really want to get the most out of it, install the program on your computer, then you get a dropbox folder where you can drag/copy/paste/delete files like any other folder, except it syncs up with your account. They have a cool phone app too.

Archived