2012 Halloween gig thread!

FitchFY

• Members

We're doing a bar gig in SF on Saturday night of Halloween weekend, just like the last couple of years.

It will be complicated by the fact that the bar has a big sports crowd, and we've got Game 3 of the World Series going on from 5PM to 8:30, so the place will be packed with Giants fans right during when we usually set up. We had the same problem 2 years ago, though the game started an hour earlier back then and we were able to scramble to set up after the game and start the music just a little bit late. This year I think we're going to have to show up to the bar in the mid-afternoon to get PA & backline mostly set up, then return after the game to finish up & soundcheck before we go on. Gonna be a long day.

I maybe didn't think my costume through very well either: I'm going as Walter White from Breaking Bad, complete with yellow Tyvek chemical suit. I had read that Tyvek doesn't breathe very well, but didn't realize just how bad it was going to be until I tried on the suit and realized that I would just about die doing a 4-hour gig in that sucker. So I'm altering the thing by putting grommets and mesh panels all over the place, and I'm going to have the front mostly unzipped and just wear bicycle tights underneath instead of jeans. I'm probably still going to regret it, though.

• Members

We are doing Saturday night in the middle of a huge 6 club complex downtown... should be pretty interesting.

The band voted to do the Village People for costumes, and since they are mostly young and/or inexperienced,. I decided not to burst the bubble on that one.

This will be about the 807th time I have been a Village Person for a Halloween gig. At least this time I get to be the cowboy.

• Members
This will be about the 807th time I have been a Village Person for a Halloween gig. At least this time I get to be the cowboy.

Holy crap, you're me! :wave:

I'm doing a fill-in on Friday for a band, as well, and they're completely not on the same page. The singer says they're in costume, but no one else seems to know this. I don't actually care as long as I get paid. :facepalm:

• Members

We played on Saturday night. It was pretty fun, despite the fact that the bar is one of the few bars where smoking is permitted. I figure if we play only one of those a year, it isn't so bad.

Obviously, I am dressed up as Slash. And, I'm playing my namesake (7-string guitar). I pulled out both of my 7-strings since they looked more Les Paul-ish than my Fender Tele did. It was fun to be mostly rock for the night (we only did two country-ish songs), as this bar is very rock-oriented.

150551_554055444621373_1934785353_n.jpg

3729_554053447954906_179563929_n.jpg

• Members

We had a great show Saturday night! Our last Halloween gig with this band - we went as The Village People (yawn), and did covers of "YMCA" and "In the Navy." Packed house, tons of awesome contests, people dancing all night long, and a $200 tip from the bar on top of our guarantee. Just a great, great night to play!

620823_4768647662449_1139096022_o.jpg

Archived