your past bands

jeff42

• Members

More groups I was in...

Hot Slag - a acoustic piano/guitar duo.

The Silver Eagle Band - I'll give you one guess what kind of band that was.

The Danny Angel Band - blues

Dick n' The Dirt - blues

Dr. Feelgood - my current band.

I also did a lot of solo gigs, in between or concurrent with bands, as well.

• Members

Section 8 (very unoriginal band name)- my first band. I formed it about a year after I first started to play guitar, so I took a page from the Jerry Seinfeld book and surrounded myself with talent! We played a mix of classic and party covers that people seemed to really enjoy. We lasted about a year - long enough to gig a few times before I left to join...

Jack the Penguin (stupid band name #1) - started in this band as a short time sub for one gig, but ended up playing with them for three years. It was definitely a step up from Section 8. We mostly played a mix of classic covers and dancable oldies. My divorce sent me into near-poverty and I couldn't even afford gas to make the hour drive to rehearsal, so I had to bow out. Good group of guys - I still hang out with them once in a while. After I got back on my financial feet, my girlfriend and I co-formed...

Petting Hendrix (stupid band name #2) - this is my current cover band. Again, I surrounded myself with talent. We play pop, dance, 80's, classic & modern rock. We've been going strong for about a year and a half and I'm having a blast!

A very short list, but I've enjoyed every minute of it! :thu:

• Members

The Spyders...1966 just kids we were first in our area to play wipeout
Not From Canada...Classic Rock and originals
The George Band...mostly originals..we all claimed to be named George
Loaded Dice.. covers with female lead vocals
Category 4.. current band..covers/some originals (oh! I have the same drummer from 1966)

• Members

1966- "The Presence of Mind" garage band doing covers. 1967-70- The Odd-n-Ends band made up of pieces (odd and ends) of other bands. Turned into solid 7 piece cover band (w/horns) that gigged every weekend for 4 straight years, and was the house band at one of the most popular teen clubs in Memphis. I was making $150 a week in those days playing guitar part time while going to high school. "the Soul Avengers" Me and my drummer were in a music store across the street from Graceland (Elvis Mansion) and a black guy ask us if we knew any guitar player and drummer who could sub for them tomorrow night, at a major Frat party at Memphis State University. I ask him the set list and he said the contract called for 7-8 musicians, so we just had to "show up" on stage and look the part. We said we would if we could have at least one rehearsal, so we loaded up and meet at a community center room. They started out with "Soul Finger" a well known local hit song by the Bar Kays. I ripped out that simple lead note for note, as well as the next 10-12 songs, so we were in. I brought home $300 from that gig and they wanted us to go on tour with them. I couldn't. I was only 16 then. 30 something years later, I joined The 735 Band. Played with them for almost 8 years before I had to make an unscheduled job change. Now I have a job, but no time for a band. Bummer.

• Members

HEY BROS

The Away Game is my first band, so here are some past bands I made up to spice up my bio:

Flaccid Reason - Old-school punk
Ashes Of A Snack Attack - Screamo
Cruisin' For A Bluesin' - Pat Coast covers
The Amazing Racists - Southern rock
Julio & The Culos - Flamenco tunes
Rapscallion - Metal
Hoglan's Heroes - Thrash metal

• Members

The Noise Boys - Garage band

Elan - Same guys, different name

P-50 - Obscure covers & originals. Everyone wanted to go in a different direction

Restless Diesel - Less obscure covers, but still a wide range of styles

Replay (current band) - Sold out and doing the Sweet Home, Mustang Sally, Roadhouse Blues catalog. Getting more gigs and making more $ so life is good.

• 3 years later...

Archived