13 year old Local Phenom

Potts

• Members

One of my professors from school frequesnts my gigs quite a bit. She told me that her boyfriend is a teacher and has his own "School of Rock" for his middle school kids. She invited me to go to a local blues club and check them out. Like anyone else, I expected a bunch of kids whaling on cheap guitars. I was wrong- I got to witness something close to greatness. I had the pleasure seeing 12 year old Hayden Fogle.

I didn't grab video last night but I youtubed him and found out he's a pretty big deal for a local kid...Here's a vid of him playing with Buddy Guy. It's pretty cool watching a young kid and being blown away. He's so young he hasn't even developed a comfort on stage yet. Anyway-- enjoy this. 

• Members

my former guitar player is a co-director at a SOR here. The kids put on amazing shows. I wish we had something like that when we were young. Our only outlets were garage bands and jazz band in school. Not that those weren't cool, but to have experienced players teaching you what you really wanted to learn, that would be awesome.

Archived