Idea. Not sure how else to describe it.

guitarguy19

• Members

OK...I have an idea for something...not really sure how to describe it. Stage decoration? Promotion? Name recognition? So many things apply.

My idea is to make a "front" that attaches to our speaker poles between our mains and subs. This would "fill" that entire gap at the width of the main and extend down to the tops of the subs. I want to make some kind of bracket that attaches right back to the speaker pole.

On said "fronts", I want to put our name and logo, maybe incorporate a clipboard and pen with an email signup sheet on one side, and maybe a smartphone scanner icon thing-a-ma-bob that can take people right to our facebook page (if that's possible) on the other side.

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? And any ideas for materials to use? I've thought about some kind of fabric or something...but then not sure exactly how to hang the signup sheet...

Also not sure how to solve the issue of setting our speakers at different heights. I guess we make the signs at one height (the one we most often use) and then we either don't use them (if the speaker ends up lower) or we have a gap (if it ends up higher).

If this idea is lame, be honest. I think it could be cool if it's done well. It would make our speakers look more full by hiding the gap and the pole and it would be an easy place for auto-promotion with the logo/smartphone thing/signup sheet.

• Members

You could have a Barbie around the pole, LOL. Seriously, maybe some type of wood shelf box? It would have to secure to the pole. The box sides could cover the pole on the sides as well and have another small shelf or at least display your website/name.

• Members

I'm never one to discourage promotional ideas, but QR codes are limited in their effectiveness. Now people know what they are, but the integration in phones is pretty poor. It ultimately requires opening an app and then the link, and then clicking the link. Not like that's much, but it's not really any easier than googling the band name. If phone manufacturers decided to take it more seriously, with a dedicated button and a stock scanner, QR codes could really become an valuable tool in everyday living. But until then, they're simply a nice little extra that occasionally someone may use.

• Members

SLScott86 wrote:

I'm never one to discourage promotional ideas, but QR codes are limited in their effectiveness. Now people know what they are, but the integration in phones is pretty poor. It ultimately requires opening an app and then the link, and then clicking the link. Not like that's much, but it's not really any easier than googling the band name. If phone manufacturers decided to take it more seriously, with a dedicated button and a stock scanner, QR codes could really become an valuable tool in everyday living. But until then, they're simply a nice little extra that occasionally someone may use.

For the QR app I have, I take a picture and it takes me to the link. I figured newer phones would already have that built into the camera feature.

Edit: I like the trifold idea but you have to get metal signs printed. Cardboard won't last being moved around all the time.And if it's cardboard, you just KNOW somebody is going to grab it as they're falling.

Archived