Locked & loaded, ready for tonight!!

StratGuy22

• Members

Should be fun. A Christmas party for a great company. Playing for them is always fun. This is the company we played until 4:30am once lol. Tonight we will probably play from 9pm - 2am, maybe 2:30am. 4 solid sets, and an encoreish thing.

Nice big playground!

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z398/robare99/EE65372E-D67D-4962-AD6E-92B688BC0721-1492-0000011A26A1055E_zps5da197d3.jpg

• Members

Knock 'em dead!   I'm enjoying a night off ... hit 2 hours at the gym in the late afternoon - got the house to myself tonight.   Grilled up a sweet burger and had a great salad.  Spent a couple of hours in my music room.   Just finished up a good long soak in the hot tub.  Sprinkled several Red Stag on Rock's throughout the evening.   I'm happy to leave the gear schleppin' to you tonight!    :smiley-eatdrink003:

• Members

It was pretty good. The first set was a little quiet. We started at 9:00pn until 10. There were some 2 steppers here & there. We had some requests for some swing music, so we played Rock this Town by Stray Catz and Rock around the Clock in the second set. A few couples did some jive dancing which was kinda neat.

Second set picked up, more rock than country, 10:20 - 11:30 Wagon wheel always fills the dance floor. Some cougars got up on stage for Mistang Sally, I was going to video a bit, but the song is in C, so I couldn't really. We had one of the cougars sing a couple songs, she was pretty good! 2 songs I couldn't name, but I followed along.

Third set was good as well, 11:45ish - 1am them some people started to leave, but some stayed in between. By the last set 1:20ish - 2am there were just a few couples. We had a good time. Got a few people up to play. Different drummer, a different guitar player, then another guy who sang. It was getting a bit ugly at that point but it was more for us than anything.

Tore down a bunch that night and loaded out the next day. They want to book us for their Spring Breakup party, in late may so that will be fun!

:)

There seemed to be lots of people holding up the back wall, but it's an oilfield company, definitely not the Chamber of Commerce. They liked what we did, lots of applause, hoots & hollers, that kind of thing.

Lots of compliments from people who weren't dancing, sometimes that's just the way it goes.

:)

I need to bring someone with us next time, whose sole purpose will be to videotape the gig. Handing my iPhone to a random just doesn't always work out.

She was dancing all over the place. Like I said we were kinda screwing around at this point.

I prefer when out other guitar player plays along, but he didn't for whatever reason lol.

Here's a couple better examples from the last gig. Always a crapshoot when you give the phone to a random.

Thie guy singing is our keyboard players husband. If he's around we will get him up for 2-3 songs.

Folsom

Jackson (they both sing it)

He does a pretty good Sweet Caroline as well.

Archived