"Easy" Looper Tunes

HarpNinjaMike

• Members

Any suggestions for songs that are looper friendly? By this, I mean there aren't a lot of sections to the song.

For example:

Hey Joe - not a one chord vamp, but the same progression throughout.

I don't play guitar, but rather beatbox and sing bass lines into an octave pedal and then play harmonica. I easily pull off songs like "Crazy" and "Low Rider" as well as having a number of originals and covers that are off the beaten path.

I want to expand my playlist to include some better known covers, but struggle with good examples for a looping format (I also have a stombpox and other hand percussion I can use). An inherent difficulty is moving to a chorus or bridge that requires simultaneous changes drums, bass, harp, and vocals.

I've found success in creating some bridges and such in songs, but have to continually build up loops. Most the songs with multiple sections are obviously harp friendly. Here is an example of a tune I cover with multiple sections:

That being said, I am not experienced enough with other types of music to know of pop songs that would fit this format.

I can play a one hour set and currently split that up with doing duo tunes. I'd like to get up to close to three hours. Between my effects, percussion, and song dynamics, I think it is just as doable as playing with a fullband. {censored} ton of work, though!

Any tips for songs and arrangements is appreciated! I have a POG2 and Line6 M13, so I can turn the harp into a synth, organ, etc. Lots of tonal options beyond typical harp sounds.

Thanks!

Archived