OnSong, Voice Live Play GTX, and MIDI

Weird Uncle Tim

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I was hoping to get advice on how to get ONSONG app

to control two different effects when selecting song lyrics.

I can add on the lyrics page just below title artist a simple command to control

my Fender Mustang floor pedal but wish to write a second command for Voicetouch live.

One command line will change both devices and I can't figure out how to segregate.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• 7 months later...
  • Members

Hi - Great to hear this can be done! I'm just setting up the same thing myself with Onsong & VL3 (& hope to link to GR55 also via midi thru). But first dabble with midi!

Am hoping to be able to use one of these (which seem to support midi) http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MD821ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter 

No idea what to do once i get the right interface either! :-)

Can you advise what the settings should be on the VL? And also is the 'midi: xzy@0' the only thing you need to add within OnSong?

Any help very welcome! 

Thanks

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Just a short note on the original topic (Onsong, Voicelive Play GTX and MIDI). I struggled to find the correct string to send to select patches over 128. Onsong only allows up to 127 in the GUI, and I had simply modified the entry in the editor from MIDI : 30@2 (for patch 31 on Channel2) to MIDI:206@2 in order to select patch 207 - which didn't work. So I statred playing with the LSB/MSB settings in the OnSong GUI. It turns out that for patches >128, you have to assign LSB=1, MSB=0 and the Patch with the correct offset, in my case 78. Patch number can be calculated by (patch Number (207) minus 128 minus 1), so for patch 207 I had to enter MIDI:0,1:78@2.

Since I couldn't find a description of this in the manual or otherwise, I reckoned HC would be a good spot to put it.

Have fun !!!

Peter

Archived